Saturday, May 7, 2011

Water Stop Fun

I think I've mentioned this before but one of the things my boot camp instructor says to motivate us is that if you're not giving it your all, you might as well clap as they go by.

Well, this morning I worked a water stop at a new half marathon, and let me say again, I love sitting on the curb and clapping as they go by!

It was so much fun to watch everyone run past.  The leaders, the runners, the walkers, everyone.  So much fun to see everyone out there. 

I had to be there at 7, we poured water into cups and stacked layers of cups on folding tables with cardboard dividers between each layer.  We were ready about 20 mins before the first runner came through.  Then we cheered and handed out water (I stayed away from the Powerade table after having two entire cups of water spilled down the front of my jeans and realizing I was so glad it was just water).  Then we broke down the tables and cleaned everything up.

A whole bunch of my running buddies were working the same water stop, so after we were done, we walked over to the finish and watched some of the runners come in.

Nice morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment