Thursday, May 26, 2011

Vacation Eats: Vegetarian Lunch Extravaganza in Lecce

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

As we were going to visit our neighbors in Lecce, and they know all about my dietary preferences and restrictions, there was a special meal waiting for us when we arrived on Easter Monday, la Pasquetta, all made especially for me!


The meal started with this huge serving of eggplant.  Yes, I ate it all...  Another one of my favorite foods of the trip.


I failed to photograph most of my secondo plate (and don't know how to rotate pictures).  It included these things that resembled cheese sticks, and that fresh mozzarella seen in the background, olives, fresh ricotta and bread. 


Dessert was fruit, pictured above, and a big bowl of strawberries, and whipped cream.


We also had these cream-filled Easter cakes, and dessert wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment