Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Travel Aside

I'll get back to the Vacation Eats series tomorrow, but I'm on the road now, hopefully just until tomorrow night, but who knows how long.

I'm in Indy right now for work and thinking about walking out for a solo dinner.  But it's raining and room service is tempting...

Hmm.  What to do?

I hate holing up in a hotel room, but it's so cold here!

Anyway, our friend who was running for city council didn't win, but neither did either of his competitors, so there is going to be a run-off.  That's good news b/c when I saw the vote count this morning and saw that he'd lost out on first place by only about 400 votes, I was immediately filled with regret.  Even though we don't live in the area where he's running, why didn't I volunteer to help him?  I asked hubby today (when he told me there would be a run-off) if we can help going forward.  Whether it's knocking on doors or making phone calls, this guy deserves a city council spot and I want to do what I can to help him get it.  He's got great experience and would be an asset. 

So glad what I thought was going to be a regret in life is something I can now correct!

Update:  I went out to dinner and had to walk home in the cold rain and wind so strong it almost blew my umbrella inside-out.  BARcelona was the name of the restaurant.  I got one thing I really liked -- baked goat cheese in a tomato sauce with a side of bread.  And I brought dessert back to the room to enjoy while I look over the case files for tomorrow's settlement conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment