Friday, May 27, 2011

Vacation Eats: Dessert in Lecce

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

Aside from fruit (and cake) at our neighbors' sister's house, when we ate dessert out in the city, we only ate at one place.  There is a gelateria widely considered to be the best, and we went there several times while we were in Lecce.



I thought the Kinder cereal flavored gelato was unusual! 

Also, here are a few pictures from La Pasquetta, Easter Monday.  In Lecce, they have a large festival in the city.  While most Italians usually spend la Pasquetta in the country, there are enough people in the city that many cities organize celebrations.  In Lecce, there were tons of bands playing in the center of town.  Lots of fun to listen.








1 comment: