Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vacation Eats: Dinner at the Home of Friends

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

One night in Lamezia we went to our friends' house for dinner, and one of hubby's cousins joined us since he's also friends with them.  Our friends have two litle boys and she is pregnant now with a little girl, who will be born in late July probably.  The boys are both overweight, which I think is getting more common among Italian kids; they're both completely adorable.  The younger one (named after my husband) is described by his mother as a tsunami, but the older one is pretty well-behaved.  For a boy.  Of about 7 years of age! 

Anyway, she cooked dinner for us, which was great!

To start, we had a type of bruschetta, suppli (rice balls), and then something like a pig in a blanket and some kind of salami, both of which I pushed onto hubby's plate and I loaded up on the rice balls!

Then we had pasta with red sauce and peppers.

My secondo was potatoes with peppers, fresh mozzarella, olives, and a pepper mix. 

And fruit cocktail for dessert!

It was a lovely night with them, as always, lots of good food, so much great companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment