Sunday, May 8, 2011

Summer already?

I got up this morning w/o an alarm sometime between 7 and 8.  It was so nice to be able to sleep in.  I headed out to run around 8:30 and by the time I got home 7.5 miles later, I was dripping wet.  It was just like summer already!  Oh, it's going to be a long season...

One cool thing I decided to do on my run today was to literally run an errand.  We live right on this running path that is 3.5 miles top to bottom.  We're on the northern half, but pretty close to the mid-point.  I ran to the trail, ran north to the top, u-turned, ran south to the bottom and u-turned.  But instead of running to my exit, I turned off the trail earlier and ran to the drugstore where I had some prints of pics from our trip to pick up.  It was kind of a pain to run with them in my hand, but it was only another 1-1.5 miles home, so it wasn't too bad, and then I didn't have to drive there today.

Instead I spent the day in true Dallas fashion -- shopping.

I don't really like shopping, but this wasn't so bad b/c it wasn't for myself.  First I went to lunch with my husband since he was working today.  We looked through the pics and made our final choices for Christmas cards, and just had fun in general flipping through the pics and reliving some of the memories.

Then I headed to the nicest mall in town.  I bought the shoes for my brother's wedding.  Here's a pic of them:

 Vince Camuto Woke (Women's) - Steel Metallic Veg Nappa

And then I bought shower and wedding gifts for their wedding.  Came home, added vacay pics to FB, and cooked dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment