Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vacation Eats: Boston Pizza

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

We had pizza twice in Boston, and I'm lame again for failing to note both restaurant names.  One was a little pizza-by-the-slice place on Cambridge Street near Massachusetts General Hospital. 

We got 4 slices (1 cheese, 3 w/ mushrooms and olives) and a side of french fries.  Can't believe I ate greasy pizza the day before a marathon.  I was terrified I'd pay for it after the fact, but actually, my stomach was never upset.  The pizza was good and so were the fries.


Sorry I don't know how to rotate the photo!

The second pizza stop in Boston was in the North End, on the same street as Mike's Pastry and Modern Pastry.  Those places will have to go in a desserts post!  This place was called Ristorante Fiore.  Kind of pricey for what we got, but it was definitely a nice restaurant. 

Anyway, hubby got the first pizza shown, mushroom, and I got quattro stagioni (4 seasons) with a substitution I can't remember.  Pretty good again. 


2 comments:

  1. these pictures look delicious! Especially that middle one...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm really craving pizza now!Loving your "vacation eats" series!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete