Friday, May 20, 2011

Montana-bound

Another travel aside.  Just found out I'm traveling for work next week too.  And to Missoula no less...

Not exactly an easy place to fly to from Dallas.  My choices were basically to leave at 7 a.m. and arrive at 3, to leave at 8 and arrive at noon, or to leave at 6:30 or 7 at night and arrive around midnight.  Ugh. 

But since I'll be getting there around noon, I think I'm going to take the rental car and drive to Idaho.  It's one of the few remaining US states that I've never visited!  Looks like it's only a couple hours away. 

I'm not wild about traveling for work.  It didn't bother me too much before I got married, but now I get lonely.  And I also tend to eat too much crap on the road.  I miss having my go-to foods, my trainer, my running trail, etc.

The good news is that it looks like there are some great places to run in Missoula, and the weather will be maybe rainy, but at least not hot and humid.  I'm going to make a go at a 1-mile run that has 620 feet of incline, up to something called the M on Mount Sentinel. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are able to find some neat places to run while you're away!
    :)

    ReplyDelete