Saturday, April 16, 2011

T-2, almost time for Beantown!

Excitement is high. Nerves are through the roof. I ran just over 4 miles today and it felt slow, which is scary. I'm chugging water like crazy. My stomach seems to be in knots. Hanging out with the in-laws mostly. Tired. Not much to say. Going to the expo tomorrow.
I'm just kind of ready to be done with it. I want to just magically PR. I know it will be tough, and I just want it to be over. I want it to be Monday afternoon, desperately seeking tasty calories to replenish the deficit. Hopefully smiling and limping only a little. Shifting the focus to consumption and Italy.

I want to kick butt. But in my heart, I'm wondering how it could possibly happen. I just can't fathom pushing hard for a couple hundred minutes. It's so contrary to my lovely relaxed vacation mindset that is settling in. When I say prayers I usually try not to ask for help with my own life, but I'm seriously thinking about asking for the strength to succeed.

I'll try to post a race report before we go to Italy!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have an amazing race today! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    Enjoy your well deserved trip, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the race went well for you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete