Sunday, March 27, 2011

No PR, but close!

I'll do a full post later, but the race today was awesome!

Couldn't have asked for better weather.  Low 50s, not windy, completely overcast.

Ran the plan, which was 7 marathon pace, 6 moving fast.  And a couple easy before and after the race.

All my marathon pace was within a 10 second window, which is great.  The bad part is that it was all slightly too fast.  I need to settle it down.  I was starting to get into a rhythm and was getting close, but then I hit mile 7 and it was time to pick it up.

The next 6 miles were all faster, but not as steady.  I think I had about a 20 second spread over those mile times, and I was starting to struggle, but it was over before I knew it.

I wish I'd known how close I was to a PR, but I was watching pace instead of total time.  I missed my PR by about 30 seconds. 

Happy!  A bunch of my running buds PRed, which makes me feel kind of bad since I didn't, but I'm trying to remind myself that I followed the plan, and I have a very solid (and recent) half PR, so it's not like I can just go out and beat it. 

Hubby did not PR, but had a good run, which was awesome.  His time comes out right in the middle of his now 5 half-marathons.  He says he's retiring tomorrow though.  He's hurting.

It was cool b/c I doubled back after I finished and went to the car for some warmer gear, and happened to find hubby on the course right near the car, so I hurried up and ran up to him, and we ran the last mile or so together, and went through his finish line hand in hand.

Then we stayed for the Bret Michaels concert.  Every Rose Has its Thorn was one of my fave songs when I was younger.  Nothin' but a Good Time was fun.  And I'd completely forgotten Unskinny Bop.

After the concert,, we went to pick up the other car from the start line, and then went straight to his favorite pizza place for lunch, then to my fave fro-yo place, where I created a monster!

Came home, cleaned up finally, and have been chilling all day.  If I die in my sleep tonight, I think I'd die happy.  Life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to spend a Sunday. I'm glad you had such a good time and that your attitude is so healthy regarding the PR. Next time!!

    ReplyDelete