Thursday, March 15, 2012

T-10 Days

The marathon countdown is on!  I won't be able to check the extended forecast for race-day weather until tomorrow, but right now for Friday for Alamogordo, it says 44-75, and Saturday 45-76. 

In the 10 day forecast, right now, the worst day shown is this coming Saturday -- a low of 51, a high of 80.  Ugh.  The best day of running weather is probably Tuesday -- a low of 35 and a high of 56. 

Generally for a race, absolute ideal for me would be low 40s at the start, low to mid-50s at the finish, and overcast.  And in New Mexico, given the sandstorm issues, ideally no wind.  There are only two days noted in the 10 day forecast as being windy -- let's hope it stays that way...

I did my last hill run this morning.  My left calf is a little tight but otherwise feeling good.  And I think I'm becoming more and more certain that my finger is just jammed or sprained, and not broken.  I'm just so ready to be done.  I'm starting to really hate my weight vest. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your training for this race with awe. I was 60 pounds heavier than I am now when I started running - I know how hard it is to move when you're carrying extra weight! I can't imagine doing it voluntarily. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete