Monday, March 5, 2012

FMM: Workout Playlist

Monday morning.  Going to be traveling for work some this week.  Time for Friend Making Monday.

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: What’s On Your Workout Playlist?

This isn't a great question for me since I work out with music less than once a month I'd say.  My usual workouts are bootcamp (no music, I'm listening to instructions), and running (no music, I'm talking with friends), and lately walking (again, no music, I'm not alone).  And even when I run solo, I'm a safety girl, so no music (I wrote about a runner here on the trail right by my house who was listening to music and hit and killed on a path closed to vehicular traffic by a person on a bicycle). 

So bottom line is, I have a list, but it's old and very rarely used.  I probably made it about 4 or 5 years ago.  But once in a while, if I'm stuck on a treadmill, I'll bust it out.  Don't judge.  A few of them are the right number of beats per minute for my cadence, so maybe I can use that as an excuse?

Yeah! by Usher
Wannabe by Spice Girls
Without Me by Eminem
Step by Step by New Kids
Sing for the Moment by Eminem
Run It! by Chris Brown
Rock Superstar by Cypress Hill
Ride Wit Me by Nelly
Say My Name by Destiny's Child
The Real Slim Shady by Eminem (I swear, I have no idea why there are 3 by him so far)
Ready to Run by Dixie Chicks
One Million Miles by The Flood (no way anyone knows this group)
OPP by Naughty by Nature
No Scrubs by TLC
Luv Me, Luv Me by Shaggy
The Long Run by The Eagles
La Gasolina by Daddy Yankee (great for running!)
It's Goonna Be Me by N'Sync
It Wasn't Me by Shaggy
If You're Gone by Matchbox 20
I do! by Toya
I Try by Macy Gray
Hit Em Up Style by Blu Cantrell
Here Comes the Hotstepper by Imi Kamoze
Hangin' Tough by New Kids
Gin & Juice by Snoop
Get in My Car by 50 Cent
Fantastic Voyage by Coolio
Everybody (Backstreet's Back) by Backstreet Boys
Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop
Don't Cha by Pussycat Dolls
Disco Inferno by 50 Cent
Cleanin' Out My Closet by Eminem
Candy Shop by 50 Cent
California Love by 2Pac
Bye Bye Bye by N'Sync
Butterfly by Crazy Town
Build You Up by 50 Cent
Any Way You Want It by Journey
Angel by Shaggy
Always on Time by Ja Rule

Well, that's amusing.  Apparently Eminem and 50 Cent are the most frequently appearing artists in the mix, neither of whom I listen to with any regularity.  Oh well, it is what it is.  I'm not a super-musical person. 

I used to have an awesome marathon mix (started with Sunrise by Norah Jones), but the list I happened to pull up for this exercise was just called Running, so there you have it. 

Now it’s your turn to share your list. Don’t forget to go back to alltheweigh.com to link up in the comments! Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I understand picking music because it has the right beat. My playlist has several songs on it I only use because they have the right tempo and get my feet moving! The rest of it takes me back to high school . :P

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have Gasolina (so do I) I'm loving your list so much I am going to get all those songs together. Thanks for the safety tip, I dream of becoming a runner-I'm a walker for now- so I know to be alert.
    Stopping by from FMM again

    ReplyDelete
  3. For myself and the way I work out. My very best bets are just something I enjoy.

    I do work out on the street, but I have only one earbud in, so I can hear my music but also the world around me.

    I loved seeing NKOTB on there. Makes me smile a little bit.

    justemily.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add that I've been listening to a bunch of Pitbull lately, too. The music just makes me want to move (your Daddy Yankee song reminded me). I don't normally listen to hip-hop or reggaton, but there is something about the rhythm that really helps me push myself in my workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eminem has a great beat to his songs...very workout friendly for pushing yourself.

    ReplyDelete