Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Energy Reform

In Texas in the summer, it usually seems like they ask people several times to use programmable thermostats to avoid running the AC at peak demand times in the afternoon to cool an empty house. 
Wouldn't it help more if the pitch was to get all offices and businesses to raise their temperatures by a couple degrees? 

It is insane that it's so warm out (68 right now according to my phone), and I am shivering and freezing while wearing a heavy long sleeve top and sitting in my office. 

I found out that our office location is likely changing sometime later this year (woo-hoo, my commute will drop from 5 miles to about 4!) but somehow I don't think we'll get individual thermostats for our offices, though that would be on my wish list.  I guess if I had to prioritize though, I'd still vote for a locker room/shower facility -- that is a bikeable or runnable commute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment