Monday, June 6, 2011

Vacation Eats: Ristorante Alle due Corti in Lecce

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

We went out to eat for lunch one day in Lecce, at a restaurant that had been written up a few years ago in the New York Times, Ristorante Alle due Corti.

The restaurant's sign, attached to one of those typical Lecce walls of limestone.


A portion of the menu.  Hopefully you can click to enlarge.  Yes, it features horse meat and baby goat entrails... I got the second option listed (artichokes) and hubby got horse.  Oh, I hate thinking about it.  Usually I'm so happy to know that he's not officially a vegetarian, but that he eats meat free a lot (though he does seafood pretty often) and he really won't eat beef or pork unless we're at someone's house and that's what's offered (and that's rare since they'll usually have veggie options for me).  I was thoroughly appalled when he mentioned he was considering horse, but I bit my tongue -- it's his choice.  I can just withhold kisses saying I don't want to taste horse! 


We got all the vegetarian antipasti (except the stuffed mushrooms at the very front of this pic had meat in them).  I especially loved the beets, on the left in this pic.


My first plate of antipasto.


Our pasta course.  It was house-made tagliatelle with a special tomato-based sauce.


My friend Anna's entree -- eggplant.  She didn't love it.  Too much sauce, it overwhelmed the eggplant.


Hubby's entree -- the horse.  Ugh.


My entree, the artichokes.  Very good.


Just walked after the meal and eventually got some gelato for dessert.  An amazing lunch at a restaurant I'd highly recommend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment