Monday, June 27, 2011

Alive, just not Kicking

I survived the bachelorette party weekend, though I am feeling every day of my age.  Seriously, I know 35 isn't old, and I don't think 45 is either, but 35 is not the same as 25, particularly when it comes to alcohol consumption.  I'll have to do a post with some fun pics later this week, right now just trying to make forward progress toward the office. 

Highlights:  On our beer pong team, I was the only one to sink shots.  Some very considerate person had to yack when she was in bed and knew she wouldn't make it to the bathroom, so she went for her own suitcase so she'd make as little mess as possible -- and that wasn't me.  A random guy showed up at the house looking to party (I think the house was lit up like a torch and the music was pretty loud), and while all of us bridesmaids are looking at each other to make sure none of us knew him, the bride-to-be was being a good sport, asking him if he was her surprise (he would not have been a hot stripper).  I met about 14 girls who will all be at the wedding, plus a couple I already knew, so that will make the wedding tons more fun.  I managed to get in 2 runs with the aforementioned yacker -- 10 miles one day, 9 the next (and needless to say a big 0 after the yacking) -- but it was so much fun to talk to her and she was fast, fast, fast, which was a fun challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had a good time and have so many positive things to write about. :)

    ReplyDelete