Friday, June 17, 2011

Vacation Eats: Pizza in Pittsburgh

This is the last post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

Having grown up in Pittsburgh (more specifically, in Dormont), hubby has some long-standing favorite pizza places, but we've been a little disappointed in going to them over the last few years.  Places like Fiore's just aren't as good as he remembers (and not at all impressive in my mind).  But nonetheless, since vacation means pizza, we ate pizza in Pittsburgh, still trying to find something wonderful.

Delivery, which was nice. 



My pizza toppings of choice are (and always have been) mushrooms and olives.  Hubby usually chooses just mushrooms, or sometimes mushrooms and jalapenos, but he's also content to eat olives.  Glad he's a veggie pizza eater!

I think this concludes the vacation eats series.  Since we flew back to Dallas separately from Pittsburgh, we went out for a final splurge meal in Dallas the night hubby got home.  But no photos of that.

This blog post series was intended to serve as a good reminder to me why I came home carrying these extra pounds.  I seriously need to work hard to get them off.  A few pounds came off fast when we got home, but the last few seem to be sticking around.  And I don't like it -- my husband might like my having a bigger chest, but ugh, it feels uncomfortable when I run, and my clothes don't seem to fit right.  I've also got some extra thigh and belly inches to eliminate to get back to normal, but we really had an amazing trip and I don't mind working off some of the wonderful stuff we ate and drank!

Now that I'm starting to really gear up my running though, I think it will get much easier to get rid of the last few LBs to be back where I was before the trip.  I'll just not think about whether that's where I really want to be or not.  One step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment