Thursday, July 20, 2017

Staple-less

Trader Joe's is out of steamed lentils for three straight weeks!!!  It's my standby dinner staple and I'm having trouble living without it.

I get in ruts with my eating.  I've eaten the same breakfast for years (smoothie) and for years before that, it was an English muffin and veggie breakfast sausage.  

Dinner is less of a rut, but my standby meal is lentils and pita chips.  

My husband asked me if I could just steam my own.  I told him no, so please don't let anyone burst that bubble.
One of my friends gave me a recipe a few years ago that I'm addicted to.  Steamed lentils (cold), feta, raisins, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper.  Mix and eat with a spoon and/or pita chips.  I'm addicted. 
And I might be going into withdrawal soon.  I've emailed the store.  Let's hope they respond.  Or more importantly, let's hope they fix the issue! 

2 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds delicious! I'll send good thoughts your way in hopes that TJs restocks their steamed lentils ASAP! In the meantime could your husband steam some lentils for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I imagine he could, but then he'd know it's not some mythical process undertaken by Trader Joe's and he might expect me to steam my own.

      Delete