Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What is wrong with this picture?

Jan. 29 at 4:51 a.m.

 
 
Wow.  It may as well be June or something.  It was a hot and sticky morning, but at least the wind helped.  I wanted to quit after 5 miles, but I hung in until about mile 6, then I let a few of my friends slowly slip away and finished about a minute behind them. 
 
 
My group run today was about 7.8 miles.  We were done before 6:30.  I then drove home, made a smoothie, watched the news for a little while, and then headed back out to run to work.
 
I'm proud of myself. 
 
This is actually going to be my first full normal week in terms of mileage.  I did about 15 over the weekend (5k on Saturday, 12 miles on Sunday).  Then I'll get about 15 miles with friends this week (Tues and Thurs, about 7.5 each day on average).  Then I'll have about 18 miles of commuting (round-trip Tues and Wed, and then into the office on Thurs).  And I should have a couple miles total at boot camp during the week (Mon-Wed-Fri).  That is going to put me at 50 miles for the week.  Wow.  It's weird for me to be running this mileage and not be in marathon training. 
 
Guess we'll see how it works out for me...
 
Maybe I'll try to get a ride home one night this week to save a few miles.  

1 comment:

  1. LOL... the day you were at 70F... we were at -46F with the wind chill. Yup... -46. Want to trade??

    ReplyDelete