Monday, January 7, 2013

FMM: Simple Questions

I'm probably going to be the last person in the world to post my 2013 resolutions.  I'm still pondering.  I feel like I've got 11 good ones, but that's such a weird number.  I feel like 10, 12, or 13 would make more sense.  So I'm waiting to see what comes to me.  But a quick Monday non-resolution post is an acceptable substitute I've decided. 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Simple Questions

1. Outside my window I see… a sky that's mostly still dark but gradually getting lighter, headlights, taillights, and the mall. 

2. My kitchen counters are… very dark, almost black, granite and fairly clear right now.

3. Yesterday I drank… an alternating mix of Cytomax and water during my morning run, then espresso when I got home, and then water the rest of the day -- nearly a gallon just during Bikram yoga and immediately afterward, plus the rest of the day's water!

4. My cell phone is… an iPhone in a pink otterbox, sitting here on my desk.

5. My computer is… a laptop; I almost never use the Mac we have at home.

6. My favorite reality show is… The Bachelor, and a new season starts tonight featuring a guy from Dallas.

7. My workouts are… same as they've always been, at least for the last 6 or so years.  Schedule is boot camp 3 mornings per week, running with friends 3 mornings per week, plus (and this has only been for the last two months) running to and from work about 4 days per week, and occasional Bikram yoga classes mixed in.  I shudder to think at the total time over the last decade spent working out, preparing to work out, or cleaning up from a work out.  If I devoted all that time to something really worthwhile like learning a foreign language or trying to cure cancer, maybe I could have made real progress by now!  Oh well! 

8. The last book I read is… Packing the Court.  Nonfiction about the Supreme Court's history.  I'm in the middle of two others -- one nonfiction about running, one political nonfiction book that I'm not really enjoying (but am reading because my husband wanted me to). 

9. My week will be…. uneventful I think.  Going out for pizza and Italian conversation Wed. night, watching the Bachelor tonight, more of the usual the other nights.  Having people over for dinner on Friday I think, and a work party Saturday night with some of my husband's coworkers.

10. So far 2013 has been… very much like 2012! 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, friends!

3 comments:

  1. Hi from FMM! I just posted my resolutions today and mine was an odd number - 7. Nothing wrong with any amount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a birthday coming up in a few weeks and I'm leaning towards asking bf to take me out for pizza that night. Its one of my favorite foods, but its one I rarely let myself eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how much effort you put into your resolutions once you've made them, so it's perfectly fine to take some time. There's no timetable.

    I think working out is really worthwhile. It's your passion, something you're great at, and who knows where it might take you in the future. It's already taken you to tons of places - I'm thinking of all the different cities around the world that you've run marathons in.

    ReplyDelete