Friday, November 30, 2012

Tonight's the Night!

Many months ago, for my birthday, hubby gave me (us) tickets to the Andrea Bocelli concert in Dallas tonight.  We are preceding the concert with dinner at my favorite restaurant, which is less than a block from our house. 

I think we're both getting very dressed up.  If they still fit, I am probably going to wear one of two strapless navy blue knee-length dresses that I bought last summer to be a bridesmaid in each of two of my brothers' weddings.  Not sure which of the two I'll choose (again, assuming both fit, which is not certain).

Kind of fun, for those fellow lovers of Italy, today is the feast day for Sant'Andrea.  Which means it is the onomastico or name day for all guys named Andrea.

And for me that means a double celebration tonight -- with my husband Andrea, and with the more famous Andrea Bocelli! 

Hubby and I both sent out special wishes to our best friends in Italy, as they named their youngest son after Sant'Andrea as well (though we all knew it was really after my sweet guy!). 

Working from home today, so if I can quickly wrap up work and do some gift-wrapping for Xmas and/or some cards, I should be able to take my time getting ready tonight, which will be fun.  Maybe even trying to do real grown-up looking make-up and/or hair, as opposed to my usual 45 second make-up routine and 10 minute hair routine. 

Just quite excited for tonight! 

1 comment:

  1. I love Andrea Bocelli! It sounds like a wonderful romantic date for the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete