Monday, November 26, 2012

FMM: Dear Santa

It's a hectic Monday -- I tried to my cybershopping before I got to work, but I have a feeling I may make this a quick post and for my mental mid-day break go do a little more cyber shopping.

Actually, since my office moved a week or so ago, we are right across the street from my favorite mall in Dallas, and right in a strip center with a couple stores I really like (Barnes & Noble and the Container Store).  I'm trying to ignore that we're also right by a Blue Mesa Grill and a Cheesecake Factory...

So for lunch today, I set off to B&N in search of a new French technique cookbook not by Julia Child, which was on a family member's wishlist.  I took photos of a few I'm considering, but I also bought 15 books and a puzzle that WEREN'T what I went shopping for!  Haha, but I'm done with a few more people now, which is nice. 

So here's my short post for the day, friend making Monday! 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM:  Dear Santa


Dear Santa: List at least ten things that you may or may not need that you’d love to find under your tree this year!

Hmm, I saw that Kenlie did this post with photos, but I'm in too much of a hurry. 

1.  What I want first and foremost is silver.  Specifically, Reed & Barton, wheat pattern.  I inherited my grandmother's silver.  Service for 6.  Book club contains 12 people.  My grand plan is to build the set to service for 12, piece by piece, probably starting with forks and knives, then filling out to soup spoons, tea spoons, salad forks, shrimp forks, serving pieces, etc. 

2.  A bike.  I plan to keep up the whole "run to work and run home" thing for about a year (until after the Berlin Marathon).  But after that, it would be nice to bike to work.  I bet it would take less than 15 minutes.  And that would be a good start if I ever want to be an Ironman. 

3.  A new Christmas tree.  8.5 or 9 feet tall, pre-lit, with multi-colored lights, and with a service warranty -- where I can just take the tree if the lights aren't working and they fix it for me.  Apparently this doesn't exist in Dallas!  Our tree has several sections of lights not working, the warranty on the lights has expired, and it seems most trees I've seen online require that you pay to ship it back.  Up in Wisconsin, there is an awesome business outside Milwaukee that lets you drop off and pick up.  My folks test their tree in early Nov. to make sure it's set for the season.  I'm jealous.

4.  Work-from-home stuff.  I'd love a wireless keyboard and a mouse.

5.  New floormats for my car.  I wear heels too much and mine have kind of torn apart over the years.

6.  Running stuff.  I'd love more long-sleeved running shirts (most of mine got shredded last year under the arms from when I ran wearing the weight vest), the 610 Garmin, new shoes, and/or a metronome (my running plan for 2013 is to get my cadence where it needs to be (180/minute!)). 

7.  Travel stuff.  Plane tickets to Germany and out of Italy for our trip in 2013, hotels for the trip, guidebooks about Berlin and Munich, German phrasebook, German language CD, new TSA compliant combination luggage locks, a weekend-style Vera Bradley bag.

8.  Safety stuff.  I'd like to get a deadbolt to install in the bottom of our front door and a 3-story fire escape ladder for our bedroom.  And maybe another carbon monoxide detector. 

9.  Kitchen stuff.  I want an electric can opener way more than I should considering how cheap it is to buy one.  I also want wooden salad tongs to match our bowl, pie weights, a Brita or something similar, a small crockpot, a non-stick pastry mat, mini loaf pans, a griddle, a wall-mount spice rack to match our other one, a set of round cookie cutters (different sizes), and kitchen shears. 

10.  Christmas CDs by James Taylor and/or NKOTB.

11.  A winter dress coat -- wait, we were supposed to stop at 10.  What can I say, I'm good at making a list and I'm easy to shop for. 











3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMM.

    You are speaking my language with NKOTB. They are on my blog list too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Garmin 610 would be on my list too. I have the 205. It works great so I can't justify a new one but it is so big and bulky.

    I cursed my electric can opener. It was a Cuisinart. It never seemed to grasp the cans properly. They would slip off or it wouldn't puncture the top all the way. I got so frustrated with it I went back to the old school manual can opener.

    Oh those stinking Christmas tree lights. I love how they give you the little packet with the extra bulb like that will solve the problem when 10 lights are out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been seriously unimpressed with Cuisinart products for about the last 10 years. I have gone through two of their immersion blenders and two regular blenders and they've all struck me as complete crap. I will specify to my husband that it should be a non-Cuisinart electric can opener -- it's one thing on my list I have high hopes of getting.

      Delete