Thursday, November 8, 2012

More Time on the Road

Life is so hectic right now I can barely get my head around it.

Last week, we came back from weeks in China.  Landed very late at night (technically early in the morning), and I had to go to work that day.  Such is life when you use all your vacation time for a single trip and try to make it as long as possible.  Solely my doing.

Then I had basically 1 day in the office, then we were off again to Milwaukee for a family wedding.  I had to work remotely the rest of the week from a family member's house. 

Got back into town this past weekend, and actually had a few normal days.  Went to work Monday through Wednesday just like I usually would.

But today, off to Pennsylvania for an arbitration tomorrow.

Fly back to Dallas Friday night late, then up and out the door early Saturday morning to head to San Antonio for the marathon on Sunday.

I'm staying with a good friend, and last year her husband made an awesome dinner on the grill Sunday night after the marathon.  So weeks ago, not knowing how chaotic November would be for me, I decided to spend Sunday night with them again this year. 

I'll get to relax with a great dinner and some wine, and have a relaxing night in their lovely guest room.

Then Monday morning I'll fly back to Dallas.  Perfect plan.

What I didn't know however, is that it turns out I have to fly out of Dallas Monday afternoon to be in Pennsylvania AGAIN on Tuesday for another arbitration. 

So hopefully it will wrap up early enough that I can come back to Dallas Tuesday night. 

Then I'll get to have a normal Wednesday and Thursday -- then we have a half day of work on Friday because our office move is set for that weekend. 

Chaos, I tell you, chaos.  So the following Monday will be unpacking my new office.  I was a little worried I had to be in Pennsylvania that day as well for a settlement conference, but fortunately the judge is letting me appear by phone.  So it will be one day of unpacking at work, two days of work, then Thanksgiving. 

Wow.  The good news is that for most of the miles in the air, I just made the next highest frequent flyer status on our way back from China, so it's upgrade-city for me now.  Well, it would be if there hadn't just been a big storm hitting Philly with major flight delays and cancellations, so now my flight will probably be oversold and/or full of flyers with a higher status than me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment