Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weekend Menu for Book Club

I'm hosting book club this month -- our book choice was Lean In, which I need to finish reading TODAY but has been very interesting.  Particularly for a woman who was also called "bossy" as a child -- funny how that term is never used with boys.  It's also been interesting to read in view of my experiences both at a big law firm, and now more in the corporate world -- how women are perceived, how their careers are managed, how my friends (most of whom are also lawyers) manage household labor in their own relationships, etc. 

When I finish the book, I'll have to write more about it.  Anyway, right now for my own sanity, I want to make a menu list so I can be focused when I cook up a storm tomorrow.

Appetizers:

Gouda and apple stuffed mushrooms
Crostini with taleggio, apple, and thyme honey
Veggies and tortilla chips with creamy avocado dip

Cocktail:
Raspberry beer lemonade

Dinner:
Black bean corn salad
Field greens strawberries red onion goat cheese salad
Orzo with roasted eggplant and cinnamon-cumin dressing

Dessert:
Strawberry brownie tort, which will look just like this in theory:


No comments:

Post a Comment