Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Current Wish List

Not sure why, probably because vacation is still months away, but I've been thinking about THINGS that I really want.

A Vera Bradley garment bag (plain brown to match my other pieces, or any pattern).  I'd use it every single week to take my clothes to work for the week so I can run on the remaining days.  This will probably be on my Christmas list. 


A Vitamix blender.  I would use this every day for my breakfast smoothie.



A bike (preferably one that I can use for Ironman training if/when I go down that road).



A new pre-lit Christmas tree, at least 8.5 feet tall, multi colored lights.



New floormats for my car.


A new warm dress coat.  I rarely need it in Dallas, but those days I'm wearing a suit and working up north in the winter, brrrr...



A Tofu Xpress.



A metronome to wear while I commute.  Might as well try to get my cadence in check!



An exit-only deadbolt for the bottom of our front door.



A griddle.  How do I not have one?  I never make pancakes and I'd like to.

More sterling silver silverware.  We currently have a setting for 8 that we inherited from my grandma, and I'd like to, piece by piece, get to the point where we have service for 12.



Well, there you have it.  Not sure why I was thinking about all this.  I may have to do a little shopping.  I got a $100 gift card to Amazon for Christmas and somehow I still haven't used it.  But of course the goal is really to save my pennies for our trip to Germany and Italy (actually, hubby is financing that), or for our trip to San Fran (which I am financing, and is hopefully going to include one mind-blowingly expensive meal).  But sometimes it's fun to day-dream...

3 comments:

  1. After 2 years of talking about the Vitamix I finally bought one. I love it. It really has been life changing. I was using a really frustrating old Ninja. The kind you have to hold down with your hand to make the motor work and if you release your hand it stops. Now I can make hummus in a minute. My smoothies are actually smooth. I can make nut butters, soups and dressings. It has been well worth the money for me.

    Fun list! I could use a new winter dress coat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a tough call as to whether I want the garment bag or the Vitamix more. I would use both all the time, several days per week, every week. One of these days I'll pull the trigger on the Vitamix (or hope a bunch of brothers pool their money for Christmas...).

      Delete
  2. Great list! I absolutely love that coat, and I think a bike would be great. I'd never heard of a tofu "xpress," that's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete