Friday, February 1, 2013

Weekend Plans

Okay, so last weekend, I think having a written and public list of what I needed to do actually helped me to be more productive.  It's not like I got it all done, but I actually looked at the list a few times and thought I didn't want to report that I hadn't done anything.  That's a major improvement from pretty much all other weekends lately. 

So in the spirit of productivity, I'm going to try it again this weekend.  Again, I have a fair amount of free time, so I really should get some of this stuff done.

Friday:
CLE (continuing legal education) all day
Dinner with friends

Saturday:
Library
Volunteer from 2-4

Sunday:
10 mile race in morning
Maybe yoga in the afternoon if I feel like it.
Maybe cook dinner from a recipe

Must do at some point:
Choose a hotel or apartment for Berlin in Sept. (since we'll be there for the marathon, things will be filling up fast)
Choose a hotel for Munich in Sept/Oct (Oktoberfest, so limited availability I'm sure)
Choose recipe for next week's night o' cooking (and make grocery list)
Stupid work stuff -- watch the HIPAA video, clear out admin emails
Get organized -- pack lunches for next week, assemble outfits to take in on Monday
Tackle homeowner's board emails and cast any necessary votes
Christmas cards. Yes, we have five left to write and send overseas. We can just claim the Italian post was slow, but I need to double checkup drafts and spelling before writing them out. Ugh. Must finish this.
Donate stuff in garage (was waiting for 2013 as we'd already maxed out our 2012 deductions).

Notice that a few things rolled off the list this week.  I pulled together all our tax stuff, got my office phone speeddials set (turned out it wasn't my stupidity, as the IT guy couldn't do it either, and somehow it had to be programmed at corprorate), I started the wellness questionnaire for work for our health insurance program, and I decided what I'm wearing to Mardi Gras.  Not bad, considering all those things had been on my "to do" list for a while. 

Next week is going to be weird.  I have an alumni happy hour on Monday, and a work dinner on Tuesday (so I might not get to run my commute that day, unless I can talk my boss or a coworker into taking me home after dinner), an (undergrad) alumni event on Thursday night, then on Friday we're flying to Mobile for Mardi Gras, flying home on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment