Monday, February 18, 2013

FMM: Blogger to Blogger

I'll have to write about the weekend tomorrow (it's ongoing for me since we're off today), but I will say I am trying hard to be productive.  But since it's Monday, time to make friends! 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Blogger to Blogger

1. Does your blog have one overwhelming theme?

Not really.  It started to be about running as I was dreaming of qualifying for Boston, but now it's more daily life (including running) and travel. 

2. How did you come up with the theme(s) for your blog? Was it intentional?

Not really.  One of my favorite blogs to read (http://bellaonthebeach.wordpress.com/) suggested I start my own as it had been something she'd enjoyed, and then I just did.  Now I love having the chronicle and the place to sort out and share my thoughts.  Still, at my core, I consider myself more of a blog reader than a blog writer. 

3. Share something cool that has happened in your life as a result of blogging.

Someone (http://www.gracedishes.com/) laughed at my "yoh mama" joke?  I haven't met anyone in person through blogging.  I think in some ways though it's made me more focused on where I want my life to go. 

4. How much time to do spend reading blogs everyday?

Half an hour?  Depends on the day.  I usually read most of the ones in my reader over the weekend or on Monday mornings before I go to work.  As for reading during the week, it usually depends how early I get to work and whether or not I'm so busy that I have to work through lunch. 

5. Do you blog on the weekends?

Not usually.  I have a goal of doing a series of posts about our trip to China, and that's not something I could do on my lunch break at work (since I'd want to add pictures), but usually on the weekends, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of my laptop screen. 

6. Do you keep track of your stats? Do they matter to you?

Not really for tracking, not at all for whether they matter.  It's interesting to me to see what the most frequent searches leading to my blog are (soleus (part of your calf muscles) and bachelorette parties). 

7. How do you decide how much to share about your personal life?

I think about what would happen if everyone knew the blog was mine, so generally I try not to write something that would hurt the feelings of someone I know.  But I definitely bitch occasionally about family or people at work (particularly my secretary), but I rarely complain about friends (generally because they don't irritate me much!). 

8. Do you aspire to be a writer, or did blogging happen for some other reason?

Some other reason.  I like writing, but non-fiction about my life isn't my thing (non-fiction about other topics is though). 

9. As a blogger, do you think it’s more important to write for yourself, or for your readers?

For myself.  But I'm glad some blogs I read seem to write for their readers.  Just not me though. 

10. What kind of plans do you have for the future of your blog?

Hmm, maybe better posts about travel?  More running adventures for sure. 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about blogging on the weekends. It's my chance to get away from my computer. It makes it hard to do some more of the involved posts I imagine doing. It's a conundrum.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog for FMM :)

    http://delightfullyshrinking.com/2013/02/friend-makin-mondays-blogger-to-blogger/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you took my advice way back when, because I think your blog has become a daily staple to many people. I've seen your voice grow as a writer as you allowed yourself to go outside of your comfort zone and write more about your life, in addition to your running.

    ReplyDelete