Thursday, February 28, 2013

Accounting buddy progress

I mentioned that I was walking once a week with my friend in accounting.  This was our fourth week in a row, and she went 2.27 miles in 42 minutes.  It included 3 minutes of running at the end -- the first 2 minutes were at 4.5 mph, and then the last minute was at 4.8 mph. 

I think next week we're going to do running at the end again, but not the very end.  I don't think it was good for her to run and then come to a dead stop.  So next week, we'll run, and then slow back down to a walk for the final few minutes. 

She was literally shaking when we were stretching and leaving the gym, but she was smiling ear to ear, saying she couldn't believe she was still alive and that she'd done it. 

So excited for her! 

Think we're going to make sure she gets registered for the race next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment