Friday, February 10, 2012

Resting

My ortho's PA is worried that since the pain is pretty much right on my ankle bone, I may be headed toward a stress fracture.  I'm allowed to walk as long as there's no pain, and run w/o weights for a week.  And he suggested I do bleachers.  Ugh.  He's really good because he addresses injuries while trying very hard not to compromise your fitness.  He said bleachers would be good for strengthening my quads but with less impact on my ankle. 

He thinks giving it a rest for a week or two will be all I need to do.  Whew.  He said I can ice and take tylenol, but the important thing is really to let it recover. 

So I'm walking tomorrow and then maybe taking off Sunday.

As for the rest of the week, how conveeeeeenient that I have to lay off right before Mardi Gras, where I plan to eat and drink until I feel ill on at least one of the days!  Haha.  Guess it lines up pretty well -- now I won't have to wake up and try to run off the indulgences, doctor's orders! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope the rest helps! And the fact that it will coincide with your Mardi Gras plans is just a bonus.

    ReplyDelete