Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hyper-critical

I think I can be very critical sometimes, and I have trouble deciding if it's appropriate or too much in some situations. 

This morning on the Today Show, the direct quote was (this was discussing a woman from Pakistan who was nominated for an Oscar):  "her ailing father suddenly passed away." 

Is it just me, or is that incredibly stupid and nonsensical?  I feel like I should be able to expect more in a prepared clip that is broadcast nationwide by professionals.  Either he was ailing and he passed away, or he was healthy and he suddenly passed away. 

Arrr... does this even bother normal non-critical people?  It's probably just me.  The grammar on the Bachelor drives me crazy too.  The people always "I" when they mean to say "me."  As in "I see a future for Ben and I." 

Ah, deep breaths.  I should go back to yoga more often and maybe I'll be so calm I don't even notice stuff like that! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm critical too, and it's something that I'm working on. But bad grammar is just one of the things that's so hard for me to overlook. Like nails on a chalkboard.

    One thing I've noticed is that people who are critical (like us) tend to also be really critical about themselves, too. It's part of a perfectionism thing, I think. At least for me it is. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete