Friday, October 21, 2011

Still Alive, just under the weather...

We had an absolutely amazing trip to Milwaukee.  We didn't end up doing the fun stuff in Chicago that I'd planned for my hubby's bday b/c it was a rainy day and he was in the mood to lay low and nap a lot, but we still had so much fun.

We did the wedding charity event (packing meals to send to Haiti), a big family dinner on the night of hubby's bday, lots and lots of time with family, a run from the home where I lived after I was born to the home where my dad lived after he was born (where my grandpa still lives!), a bridal party mass mani/pedi, a bridal luncheon, a rehearsal, a rehearsal dinner, a wedding day beautifying, the wedding, the reception, a bar, lots of frozen custard, and lots more.

Of course the trip meant lots and lots of time with my insanely fun and adorable nieces and nephew, and several hours on airplanes. 

So which do I blame now that I'm officially sick?

Being the non-breeder that I am, I have to blame the kids.  They're just such germ magnets (though of course none of them seemed remotely ill).  Couldn't be just the time of year I always get sick.  Must be the kids...

Anyway, I started feeling it on Tuesday, and ended up skipping my workout on Wed.  I ran yesterday, b/c it was the first speed session of the season and my marathon day is coming up FAST, but it was at the track, and there's no easier place to run with friends and still be able to sit out a little if necessary than the track.  I ended up running the repeats (just a little slower than I should have), and maybe it flushed some of the sickness out of my head. 

I'm working from home today, and I went to boot camp this morning, and I think I still have a lower lung capacity, a bit of a runny nose, and now it hurts when I cough (waaaayyy too many ab exercises this morning), but maybe I'll make it through this.

Just in time I hope -- I have my one and only very long training run of the season on Sunday and I really need for it to go well! 

Anyway, just a quick update to say I'm alive, and my brother is married off and happily honeymooning in Hawaii right now (where I heard they had an earthquake yesterday or the day before).  All's well, just a bit sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment