Monday, October 31, 2011

Pizza Overload

My husband and I decided to clean up our eats in a big way Jan. 1, 2008, and we've generally stayed in that pattern ever since.  We both mix it up and eat different stuff in different quantities when on vacation (like eating til we feel sick on Easter in Italy, eating dessert every day, eating pizza almost every day), but generally at home, we pretty much stick to our routine. 

My job probably has slightly more free sweets than my last job did, but it's still not overly frequent. 

One of the bigger restrictions on our healthier eating plan has been to limit pizza to once a month.  That's more my husband's limitation than mine, but he really, really loves pizza.  So generally I stick with pizza about once a month too, but I don't put the month's pizza day on my calendar the same way he does.  And sometimes I'll eat one of those Lean Cuisine pizzas for lunch, or very rarely, get pizza elsewhere besides on our monthly pizza night.

Oh, and he/we eat pizza a lot on vacation.  We love trying new pizzas (or pide, as it was called in Istanbul). 

Anyway, for October's pizza, we went out to a place in Milwaukee for lunch on hubby's bday. 

And then this past Friday night, we had a little dinner party at home and decided to do make-your-own pizzas on the grill.  The dough recipe made 8 individual pizzas, but there were only 4 of us for dinner -- we each ate one, then the guys split another one. 

That left us with 3 leftover pizzas.  Hubby tried to make one for lunch on Saturday but spilled it into the grill, so then he made another one, leaving us with a single remaining dough.

Sunday was my godson's third birthday party -- and pizza was served for lunch.  So I ate my third pizza serving for the month of October yesterday.

Then I was home Sunday night and we decided to have the last pizza for dinner, plus monster huge salads.  So I consumed pizza for a fourth time for the month.  And I thought I was in the clear.

But today is Halloween of course and my office is really, really into it, so there was pizza for lunch.  And I ate it.  FIVE PIZZA MEALS in October!  And my plan is one per month!  Oops.  No wonder I'm going into the San Antonio marathon a bit heavier than I've been the other couple years I've run it. 

As of today, the marathon is officially less than 2 weeks away.  But tonight is trick-or-treating with my godson and his sister, and tomorrow is probably leftover sweets.  But Wednesday I'll be back on track and that should give me 10 days of good eats (and no alcohol) before the race.  Better than nothing I guess! 

BTW, I decided to go as "Aurora" today -- our office theme is Disney.  Who knew Sleeping Beauty had a first name?  When did that happen?  Or does she actually have that name in the movie?  I have no recollection of it...  Anyway, I'm mostly telling people that I'm sleeping beauty, and not using the name Aurora. 

No comments:

Post a Comment