Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Getting Worse

So I think I'm going to call a doctor today and make an appointment.  And maybe I'm going to be really good about icing.  Actually, that just prompted me to go get ice and put it under my heels.  I wish here at the office I had a wrap around ice-band that I could secure to my ankles.  But I do think the pain might be getting worse.  It feels fine when I run, but just walking around the house this morning after my run was painful, though it seems to be subsiding.

I ran 5.3 this morning -- about 2 at camp, then Joy ran halfway home with me.  I got to my exit and was feeling pretty great, so I went another .25 north and then doubled back.  First mile was a bit slow but we were talking a lot, the next couple were a good pace.  Tomorrow is 8 miles and then Friday I'm planning an easy run home with Russell after camp.  Then Sunday is the race -- 15k, and I really cannot imagine I have any chance of a PR.  I don't think I could hold an 8 min pace for a 10k right now, plus it's supposed to be hot -- low 80s probably in the morning, highs around 100, but heat index of about 105.  Ugh.  I really want this to be "my year," but so far it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment