Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chicago-Bound!

We've had a really hot summer in Dallas.  We ended up 1-2 days short of the all-time record for most consecutive days at 100 or higher, and we ended up 1 day short of the all-time record for most days at 100 or higher (non-consecutive).  Either way, it's been hot.

So when I got my plane tickets to Chicago a few weeks ago, I imagined sweet relief from the heat.  And then of course the heat broke this past weekend.  The days here lately have been mid to upper 80s, which is absolutely perfect in my book, and it might get back to the upper 90s they're saying next week. 

Now flying to Chicago doesn't seem like the big break that I thought it would.  I'd been a little worried that I'd feel compelled to run a lot while I'm there just to take advantage of the cooler temps.

With 3 very mild mornings of running here in Dallas now, I'm not as psyched up for that, and I'm considering not running at all and seeing if some time off will help my calf feel better. 

I'm going to work from my brother's place during the day Thurs, and then from the resort on Friday, and there will be more bachelorette fun several nights, followed by some family time with my nieces and nephew on Sunday! 

While I'm not quite as excited about escaping the heat as I thought I'd be, I'm insanely psyched for a fun weekend with the girls, a few meals with my bros, and some time with the kids in the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment