Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VD Celebration

Yesterday I took a rest day, but it maybe would have been better-placed on the calendar today.  Last night we ended up going out for dinner after all.  My husband had been home sick from work, but really wanted to go to dinner.  I said we could still go if he felt like he was at a 9 or higher on the 10 point wellness scale.  He claimed to be at a 9 when I got home from work, but he later confessed that he'd lied. 

We went to his favorite pizza place, Olivella's.  It's pretty close to our house and very good, though we both think the quality has slipped a little bit from their first few months of operation. 

We had something to celebrate besides Valentine's Day (our sixth together!), which I told him at dinner, but I can't say anything about that right now.  Later this week I will though. 

But I did not sleep well at all last night.  I woke up around 1 and couldn't get back to sleep until sometime after 3.  So when the alarm went off at 4:45 for our 10 mile group run today, I really wanted to just shut it off and go back to sleep, but of course, I know better. 
I ran tired and my heart rate was overly high the entire time, but I was still happy to get the 10 miles out of the way.  The pleasant change this morning was that it finally wasn't miserably cold.  I think it was mid-50s at the start, and fairly windy.  But within a few miles I realized I was overdressed in long sleeves and shorts.  It always takes me a couple runs at a new temp before I remember exactly what clothing is best. 

Anyway, we have fun plans tonight... meeting with our accountant.  I've spent most of my day getting ready for it (i.e., not billing clients).  Lots of printing summaries, making spreadsheets, totalling amounts, pooling receipts, etc.  But hopefully the damage won't be too bad this year... 

My ex-boyfriend used to say that he thought the best possible tax reform would be to eliminate withholding, since most of the population would revolt at having to suddenly fork over 20-40% of the prior year's earnings.  Suddenly government expenditures would be slashed due to massive accord among the unelected.  But when it's just taken out of our checks automatically, we don't really miss the money and there's no mass uprising. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun date night - can't wait to hear your news!

    Hopefully you get some sleep tonight :)

    ReplyDelete