Sunday, February 13, 2011

First 20 -- check!!

Pretty solid 20 miles this morning!  I'm thrilled.  The only bad part of the run was that I had to make a pit stop at mile 18.  My stomach was so upset and it came on very suddenly.  If I had to guess about causation, I'd say it was because I started eating some Cliff blox toward the end of the run and I also had Gatorade at some of the late water stops.  I know full well not to mix gu or shots with anything other than water, but wasn't too focused on it this morning.

The good news though, is that my pace and heart rate were awesome.  I am so happy with both! 

And I'm fairly pain free.  I'm about to do an ice bath, ugh, and I'll try to ice my ankles this afternoon at some point.  I might take the scheduled rest day tomorrow instead of cross-training.  I'm exhausted right now. 

But I'm so happy!

I don't know why the first 20 miler of any marathon season makes me so nervous, but it always does.  And I always feel so good to have it under my belt.  I don't know how many more 20 or 20+ milers we have.  Probably at least 3 more I'd guess. 

Alright, enough writing.  Plan for the day:  ice bath, hot shower, start laundry, go meet hubby for lunch for Mexican food (chips will equalize my sodium levels), then probably to the office to do a response to a motion to quash, then I'm going to cook an awesome dinner, then go to a heart rate monitor lecture, then come back home and eat the delicious and nutritious dinner I made.  Can't remember where I got the recipe, it was a blog, but it's some kind of squash lentil soup. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 20 miler! That is a-freakin-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't imagine how accomplished you must feel after running 20 miles. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete