Monday, January 10, 2011

Diagnosis

Ugh, definitely sick.  Husband is STILL home sick from work, but I've unfortunately been pretty busy at work and had to go in to the office on Sunday.  But Sunday afternoon, we both went to an urgent care place.  When I was talking to the "provider" (not entirely sure that means he was a doctor), I could hear hubby coughing through the wall from his room next door.  They did a blood test and my white blood count was completely normal, giving them no indication if it's bacterial or viral, and my flu test came back negative. 

Eventually they moved us into the same room, gave us both steroid shots in the upper butt area, gave us both steroid dose packs, and sent us on our way with instructions to rest and get lots of fluids.  Diagnosis:  upper respiratory infection. 

Well, the weather here has been INSANE, at least if you believe our local weather folk who are probably from Texas.  Yesterday morning our long run was cancelled because of freezing rain.  I planned to do it later in the day in the cold (the precip turned to big fluffy snow flakes), but between wanting to get the house in order a bit, it being so cold out, not feeling well, and needing to bill some hours at work, it just didn't happen. 

I set my alarm again today with thoughts of cranking out 14 miles before work, but opted to keep sleeping instead (again, icy roads, a dusting of snow that remains in places, bitterly cold for someone who has enjoyed adapting to Texas weather).  I feel somewhat better and will head out for my group run tomorrow morning, but this is going to be an unplanned low mileage week for me!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes - not a way to spend a weekend! Hope you both feel better!

    ReplyDelete