Friday, August 20, 2010

Feeling strong

I'm thrilled with how great I'm feeling lately.  Still some heel pain, but it seems to be getting better finally.  I don't know if it's the new stretches I do before I get out of bed or what, but something is helping even though I'm not cutting my mileage.  I was killing it at camp this morning -- probably 2d or 3d person overall, first woman, to finish the drills, then after camp I ran a leisurely 1.5 in the direction of home until I met up with my neighbor, then we walked the rest of the way together. 

I can't wait for this weekend.  We don't have much planned really, but there are a million things on my list that I want to get done.  And this weekend I'm taking the list home with me so there's no excuse to overlook things like I did last weekend!  The only fixed time things are minimal -- taking my car in tomorrow at 10:30 related to some recall/inspection/class action notice, friend coming at 11:30 to pick up some things our neighbor is donating to the non-profit where I used to be on the Board (and we'll hopefully have time to play a quick game of Scopa with him and our neighbor before he leaves with the items), having our neighbor over for dinner tomorrow night, and then the big 2-0 on Sunday morning and its aftermath (ice bath, shower, out with hubby for Mexican food, followed by half-pint of Ben&Jerry's to replace the calories).  But seriously, about 1 million other things on the to-do list.  Here's hoping for productivity...

My Monday morning dream:  waking up not overly sore to a clean well-stocked house and a to-do list with everything crossed out.  I might be cheating a little on the list -- instead of saying "Xmas shop" as I've written the last few weeks, I picked one specific gift that I'm going to work on.  I need to do some online pricing research and then swing by a local specialty shop for some advice and to compare.  By the end of the weekend, hopefully it will have been purchased and then one brother will be basically done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment