Friday, November 17, 2017

2018 ideas

It's certainly the time of year to start thinking about resolutions, where the past year has gone, where the next year is going.  This year I feel like I'm thinking about it earlier than usual.  Maybe it's because I'm kind of on my Christmas game but I'm dreading the thought of gaining weight with any of the upcoming trips, parties, etc.  Perhaps because I gained A LOT of weight on vacation and in an insanely stressful (work-related) first couple weeks home, I'm pondering a lot of food-related ideas for my 2018 resolutions.


I had a significant list of 2017 resolutions (that I really should review again), but the new and challenging ones for me were both work-related this year.  First was to check my voicemail every day I'm in the office and there's a message.  I've failed at this a few times (less than 4 I think), and there have even been a few times I've checked my voicemail when not in the office.  So I'm counting this as a huge success, but man, I can't wait for January 1 so that I can be done with this.  I hate voicemail so much.  Second was to do "more" of my own filing.  It wasn't a well-defined goal, but I basically have decided to file any emails I send right after I send them, and to file any emails I receive if I deal with them that day (if I deal with them later, then they go to my assistant to file).  I haven't done filing when it's a flurry of emails on one case sometimes, but this has also been a smashing success, and is something I will aim to continue.


My ideas for 2018 so far, and I'm just thinking:


Trying vegetarian whole 30. 


Trying to meal plan and meal prep a vast majority of Sundays we're in town.


Cutting out all non-pizza or non-dinner party cheese consumption at home.


Stopping drinking all espresso.


Grateful journal. 


Some of them I've done before either as a resolution or during Lent, but some are totally new.  Good thing I have many weeks to still consider. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey :)

    Sounds like a good set of ideas ... I have really softened the last couple of years as most of my stuff is all 'sustain'. And even work stuff has been pretty squishy as I've had a few of the best years of my career in a row.

    But for me the main thing is to do the 'SMART' goal system rather than resolutions - if you can't measure it, it doesn't exist (jeez I sound like an engineer!). So I am trying to figure what I want to change/improve.

    I like the idea of a grateful journal, or really any sort of journal ... would force me to focus, to physically write (rather than type into my iPad) and to reflect at the end of the day. Hmmm ... maybe.

    Hope you are well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you ahead of the game! We were just talking about how quickly this year passed at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting to hear about other's work days. Mine are so different! I think I got 1single voicemail in about a year of working! But we switched to Skype for our phones (which I love) so voicemails actually come through as email. All good goals you're considering! For the Sunday meal prep, I like to make big pots of soup or one-pot meals in the slow cooker. Clean up is minimal, and I'll have meals for the week.

    ReplyDelete