Friday, October 17, 2014

Europe Recap: Oktoberfest in Munich

Continuing tradition, while we are on vacation this year, I'm sharing some photos and details from last year's trip. Last year, you got to see China while we were in Europe. This year, you get to see Europe while we are in India! 

In advance of the trip, while we were ostensibly going for the marathon in Berlin, I knew the highlight of the trip for me would be Oktoberfest.

I went to Oktoberfest in Munich in 2004 when my brother lived near Munich and it was insanely fun, so I knew I'd enjoy it again. 




You see lederhosen all over:



Inside the Hippodrome tent:




Cheese spaetzle, so, so, so, so, sooooo good!


It's me!




Walking to another tent:



Inside the Spaten tent, where we spent the remainder of the night:


Random strangers in all photos below, friends for the night!





Then my friend from high school and I decided to hit up the carnival rides.  My husband was long gone and we were drunk enough that it sounded fun:



My friend from high school on the swing:


The whole night was getting blurry:


We also went through some weird terror tunnel thing:


And we made more friends in the metro, waiting for the last train of the night:




No comments:

Post a Comment