Monday, January 13, 2014

#Reverb13, Day 19: Personality

Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days.

Day 19 – Personality

Were you an extrovert or an introvert this year? Why? Is that normal for you? Or a switch from previous years?

My personality is usually somewhat of a mix, but mostly extroverted.  This is normal for me.  I don't feel like many new people are added to my life in any given year with whom I have much personal interaction, but in 2013, as I posted, I actually sought out running groups in other cities and got to know people that way.  It's easy to talk as you run and you can get to know some very interesting people and very interesting things about people that way.  One conversation that stuck out to me in Pittsburgh was talking to the guy I fell in step with about why he thinks he got divorced.  Aside from a professional therapy session, I cannot imagine any other context in my life where I'd have that conversation with someone within an hour of meeting them for the first time.  But conversations like that are easy when you run.  They can get very personal and at times, it's helped me tremendously -- I feel like my running buddies have basically made my last two big career decisions for me (deciding to take the job I currently have, and deciding not to leave this job when there was an interesting offer I was considering). 

No comments:

Post a Comment