Thursday, December 6, 2012

#Reverb12 Day 5: Dream Destination

For the month of December, I'm working on doing the daily series of Reverb prompts to help me reflect on the prior year and hope/plan for the upcoming year. If you're interested, join in; I found this to be a very useful exercise when I did it two years ago.

#reverb12 Day 5: What was your dream destination?

What was your dream destination in 2012 and why?

It can be a town, city, country or region -- real or imaginary -- and doesn't matter if you actually got there or not!

My dream destination was absolutely China and I am happy to say I went there -- for nearly three weeks in October and the beginning of November.  I think I have wanted to go to China since junior high, if not earlier.  It always sounded so different, so foreign, so strange, so interesting.  It lived up to all of those expectations! 

I'm promising myself that I'll do some trip recap posts.  But if I had to choose a single photo to sum up why China was my dream destination, here it is. 

The Great Wall.  Something I'd heard about from the time I was about 5?  8?  10?  Either way, very young.  Sounded so mystical and strange.  And I went there.  I walked on it.  I ran on it.  I climbed on it.  I ate lunch on it.  I will never forget it.  I loved it!

For anyone sharing China as a dream destination, the photo below was taken at Mutianyu in October 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment