Monday, October 29, 2012

A Difference Between my Husband and Me

Just an observation (writing now to share while we're on vacation in China; hopefully back to the US this week!).  I've noticed it multiple times, but notably at the State Fair recently.

When my husband and I confront a table like the one below, a group setting with strangers, a table with two seats available surrounded by people who likely know one other person at the table, but not everyone else, I will sit down and talk to my husband.  If someone asks me a question, I'll answer it, but I'm not going to engage in conversation with someone I don't know. 

My husband, on the other hand, will sit down and talk to me as well as to those strangers around us.  He sometimes interjects into other conversations, always answers questions directed to them, says things to the table in general, rather than just to me. 

I'm glad he's so friendly, approachable, social and out-going. It's just a funny difference that I've noticed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment