Friday, August 31, 2012

VP Politics and Republican Marathons

I don't often share links, but this news article from Runner's World today about Paul Ryan was interesting. 

http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/08/31/paul-ryan-says-hes-run-sub-300-marathon/

Short version:  Last week Paul Ryan claimed he's run a sub-3 hour marathon.  "A two hour and fifty-something." 

But of course there are no records to be found to support this. 

In fact, nothing indicates he has ever run a marathon.

The article says if his claims were true, he would beat John Edwards (who has a 3:30 PR) as the fastest politician on a national ticket. 

And the article notes that John Kerry in '04 was likely caught in a similar lie, claiming to have run Boston when no such records could be found. 

This just supports my ever-deepening belief that politicians are lying sacks of $hit -- and this applies on both sides of the fence. 

Man, I am ready for the elections to be over.  And living in Texas, I don't think I've seen a single commercial yet to indicate the office of President is up for a vote this year, it's just all over facebook, which is enough to drive me crazy.  I mean, I'm all for people voicing their opinions, but it's all so negative, so irrelevant, and frequently so false. 

No comments:

Post a Comment