Saturday, August 11, 2012

Marathon Predictions

Since the men's Olympic marathon will begin in about 12 hours, I thought I'd make a list of my top choices, AKA who I will be cheering for the loudest tomorrow. 

Here's my list of the top 10:

Mutei (KEN) (having an AWESOME year)
Dino Sefir (ETH)
Kiprotich (KEN)
Abshero (ETH)
Meb (USA) (older, tons of depth, and absolutely amazing)
Feleke (ETH)
Kirui (KEN) (wouldn't surprise me if he finishes top 3, has a lot of depth)
Hall (USA)
Fujiwara (JAP)
Pertile (Italia!) (the only Italian runner) (this is a heart pick, rather than a head pick; he's older, but go Italy!)

I know, I'm really going out on a limb there picking all 3 Kenyans for the top 10.  Haha.  But I'm very curious about how many I'll get right as actually ending up in the top 10.  I think Kisri will hang with the leaders for a long time (and if I didn't love Italy, I might have put him in there).  I'm going to cheer for Marial, who is country-less, too (formerly of Sudan, ran Twin Cities in 2011) as well as Li, of China, of course. 

Very excited to put in my 2012 sports-watching hours tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment