Wednesday, August 31, 2011

64 and counting

Today, Wed., will be our 65th day in 2011 at 100 degrees or higher in Dallas.  Yikes!  So if it keeps going, we'll tie the all-time record (1980) on Sunday and break it on Monday.  It's not a gimme though.  They were originally saying maybe we'd only hit 99 on Friday.  Now they're saying it will be 101, but now they're predicting Sat and Sun at 99 each day. 

Is it just me, or is this getting kind of miserable?

I feel gross.  I haven't been working out as much or as intensely in hopes of taking some stress off my soleus, and it makes me feel more like a blob than usual.  Ugh. 

Either way, there's relief in sight.  Regardless of whether we start having highs in the 90s (instead of the 100s) or lows in the 70s (instead of the 80s), in just over a week, I'll be enjoying highs in the 70s probably and lows in the 50s.  My brother's fiancee's bachelorette party is going to be in Lake Geneva, and it should be lovely! 

I'm flying up before the crack on Thursday (my flight LEAVES at 5:45!  ugh!), meeting my newest sister-in-law for breakfast, working from my other bro and his fiancee's place in Chicago on Thursday, meeting someone (either a brother or a former colleague) for lunch, working for the afternoon, then heading to Lake Geneva with her late afternoon.  Not sure of the exact plan Thursday night, doubtless just going out.  Then Friday will for me unfortunately mostly be work, but hopefully I can be efficient and get done fairly early and enjoy some pool time.  This weekend I'm researching Lake Geneva male strippers.  We're not sure we're going to do it, but think her reaction would be absolutely hilarious.  I actually chuckle now out loud just thinking about it!  So anyway, Friday and Saturday will be bachelorette fun, then Sunday I'm going to hitch a ride w/ another bridesmaid to Milwaukee and visit w/ my other brother and his family, including my precious little nieces and my nepphew.  I miss them!  Then I have a very late flight home Sunday night, so I'll be dragging on Monday.  But hopefully my calf will feel pretty solid by then and I can soak up some running weather to counteract the imminent alcohol...

"LLL"

Update:  i-phone forecast currently has 100 or higher all the way through Sunday, with Monday being on 96.  That would tie the record. 

1 comment:

  1. 65th day? Really. That sounds rough. We had a bunch of days like that but lately it's been cooling off a bit. I'm completely terrified by the idea of moving to Texas, but that is where Kepa really wants to live when we move back to the US. I feel like I will melt tho if I live down there!

    ReplyDelete