Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wedding Party Gifts

Since I’m wearing part of my wedding party gift today, figured I’d post about that.
My brother’s rehearsal dinner was a little bigger than planned, which is solely my mom’s fault. My new sister-in-law gave my mom the entire wedding guest list for the rehearsal dinner and marked in red the names that were close family, wedding party, or out-of-town guests, and my mom was supposed to invite the names in red. I bet you can see where this is going.

When I got to Michigan for the bachelorette party, the mother-of-the-bride had been hearing from several unexpected people about how lovely and unexpected the invite was – of course they were RSVPing to my folks, but she was quite aware that many of these people were locals, like her husband’s colleagues, and wouldn’t be expected to be invited.

As it turned out, my mom had forgotten about the color coding and invited all the wedding guests. Fortunately I suppose for my parents’ sake (they hosted the rehearsal dinner), many local guests politely declined – which I can see. If your colleague’s daughter’s getting married, you’d go to the wedding, but you wouldn’t be keen to give up both nights of the weekend for the festivities.

So the rehearsal ended up being larger than planned, but still not too huge. I already shared some details of the night, including the keg stands, but I didn’t post about when my bro and his bride-to-be brought the wedding party into the main room and gave us each a sweet card with a gift.

I can’t remember exactly what the guys got – a tie to wear for the wedding, a Detroit Athletic Club t-shirt, an engraved bottle opener, and monogrammed cuff-links. I think that’s it (which is a lot).

Those of us standing up on the bride’s side got a monogrammed tote bag, a Detroit Athletic Club t-shirt, cute flip-flops (which I forgot to photograph) to wear when our wedding shoes got to be too much (little shimmery flower kind of thing on them), earrings to wear in the wedding, and a cute little Coach wristlet to use for lipstick, phone, etc. at the reception.




That last pic isn’t very good, but I was trying to show the detail on the wristlet.

I’ll have to try to remember to take a pic of the flip-flops and supplement this post later.

Quite sweet of the bride and I'm going to have to email her today to tell her I'm wearing the earrings! 

1 comment:

  1. It’s really lovely to buy them a gift to say how much you appreciated their help during your wedding planning.but thank here i got good idea..
    Christmas Treasure Hunt

    ReplyDelete