Monday, July 25, 2011

Lazy Weekend

I'm feeling quite content and very ready for the week ahead.  Not much of an exciting post but nothing exciting on my mind to share.  So I figured a weekend recap is okay for a Monday.

We got to spend part of the weekend with my college roommate, her husband and their 2 kids (ages 7 and 4.5 it turns out).  I wouldn't exactly call the kids well-behaved, but actually they kind of were.  They were just very energetic and had been cooped up in the car all day (I guess that's what happens when you're on a 6500 mile road trip for the summer), so they seemed a little crazy invading our little home for 2... 

I ended up leaving the rug in place and I got very nervous when they came near it with large bottles of red and blue gatorade, but without even looking at my face, their mom sent them straight back to the kitchen to drink.  Whew!

We went out for Mexican food one night, and I managed to sneak her away from hubbies and kids for lunch at a vegan restaurant one day.  That was so nice.  I wish we'd been able to eat more adventurously, but her kids are really picky.  Though honestly, even when the younger one got exactly what she wanted (as in, we went someplace where she could get chicken fingers and fries), she still barely picked at it.  It's no doubt hereditary -- her mom was picky as could be in college, though she could eat like a horse when it came to something she liked!  And she's still rail thin of course and eats tons of what I'd call junk food and never works out, but stays completely thin!  We just had so much fun catching up.  I even pulled out a photo album and have decided that by their next visit I want to have all the college photos into albums.

Besides their visit, the weekend was a lot of nothing.  Things like uploading photos from the wedding and sharing them with family, doing the paperwork to roll my old 401k to a new investment rep, watching a netflix movie, running a couple errands, running (though very little, the least miles I've run over a 3 day period while in this country probably all year!), and best of all in my mind, organizing.

I have my outfits picked out for the next two weeks of work.  All of our laundry is done, even the sheets and towels from the guest bedroom.  I have my fruit washed and bagged for the first few days of the week.  I made my snack for one day to pack for work.  I took a huge load of stuff to the donation center -- and I remembered to photograph it all first to save for our taxes.  I had time to read a bit more of my pick for book club (Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand) and to read over the recipes that I'm making next weekend when it's my turn to host.  I have been working on creating my own recipe book -- months ago I put all the pages into sheet protectors and attempted to group them appropriately, and over the weekend I managed to type out a list of all the contents (though I still have to number the pages and all).  But it's stuff like that that leaves me feeling so happy and prepared for the week ahead.

Contented sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment