Friday, November 19, 2010

Baby Watch

Still no baby!  My cousin came over to the house at 5:10 this morning to go to boot camp with us and told me all kinds of things I kind of wish I could "unhear" about membranes and stretching and stuff (my fault for asking!).  She's apparently at 4 cm right now.  I'm guessing cm -- maybe it's measured in mm or inches?  I don't know and I don't want to know...  Either way, I really hope she has the baby soon, but preferably after they come over for dinner tomorrow and go to the Cowboys game on Sunday. 

My cousin asked me what time they should come tomorrow and I said dinner would be at about 6:30, but if they wanted to come early maybe we could play a game or something.  Woot!  Hubby doesn't like playing games anywhere near as much as I do, so it will work out well since he will be working until about 6.  I could (and do) play for hours if it's something I like.  I love most board games, puzzles, cards and dominoes. 

One of my favorite things to do when we go visit his parents in Pennsylvania is to play a dominoes game called Mexican Trains with his mom and his aunt.  We sometimes play until really late at night.  I don't understand how my husband doesn't get hooked as easily as I do -- especially since he's good at games! 

Anyway, I think I am going to make a cauliflower mash topped with a mushroom ragout for dinner tomorrow, with a side of green beans or asparagus, and a strawberry cake for dessert.  The cauliflower mash topped with mushrooms was an idea I read on Newly Wed, Newly Veg's blog, but then I realized that the mushroom recipe contained tempeh (which they might not like) and more beer than I realized (which she might not want while pregnant), so I picked a different mushroom ragout recipe.  The dessert is going to be my first attempt at creating something a friend made for book club and it ended up being one of my favorite cakes ever.  Unfortunately, she changed jobs and it took a couple months before she emailed me the recipe, so it's not really strawberry season, but you know, sometimes you just have to go with it!  Since I live somewhere that I can find almost any produce I want any time of the year, I'll take advantage for tomorrow, though I really do try to eat more seasonally most of the time. 

Not much running this morning, maybe 2-2.5 at camp, but I think that's good since I'm running a half marathon on Sunday with a couple friends.  My schedule calls for 15 miles on Sunday, so I'll either have to get in an early 2 or do a couple after the race.  Oh, it will be nice to take a big break in December! 

Perhaps one of the best parts about the upcoming break from running is that I found out that our neighbors will be back in less than 2 weeks!  They're among my favorite people in the entire world, and she (Anna) is my favorite person to walk with, so that will be wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment