Saturday, November 20, 2010

Baby!

The baby (Jack) came very, very early this morning.  8 pounds, 1 ounce.  I haven't gotten to go to the hospital yet to see him, but I will soon and will share some photos.  Heard he's a real cutie though.  He's doing well but stopped breathing after he was born and had to be intubated, which was not unexpected, but now that the machine is breathing for him, it's a lot easier. 

My cousin's wife really wants to get out of the hospital apparently.  They got to the hospital at 11:30 last night, had the baby just before 1:00 this morning and as of about 9 a.m., she was waiting for a lactation consultant and then was hoping she'd be able to check out.  Crazy!  Seems like all my friends have stayed in the hospital at least overnight, usually for more than one night.  But I don't really like hospitals either, so I can kind of understand how she feels. 

So far life as a first cousin once removed is really exciting for me!  Haha.  I'll update later!

Update:  8:30 p.m., the docs convinced her to stay in the hospital overnight.  And the ventilator is slowly being turned down so Jack does more breathing on his own and the ventilator does like every fourth breath for him.  All the decisions about when his surgeries will be are being made on Monday.  His condition is called tricuspid artesia, which means he lacks the right ventricle of his heart. 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! Congrats to your cousin's wife!!

    ReplyDelete