Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Excuses

Why I haven't blogged recently.

That picture is actually probably almost a week old -- the bottom left corner is now completely done, and about 3% more of the sky/sea is done.

The puzzle's only half the reason, I've also been on the road like crazy for work.  I'm sitting in an airport now in fact, going home from Florida and then no travel until after the Fourth! 

I committed to a marathon on the west coast in just under 2 months, which is scary.  I've done a few long runs 12-10-15-16-17, and the 16 and 17 were not wretched.  I'm not running enough miles during the week to expect any decent result, but I should survive, and it will be an excuse to watch the eclipse out there and go visit my brother and his family. 

4 comments:

  1. Haha - our puzzle-building got derailed when we started fostering kittens ~6 weeks ago and then our 'basement dweller' cat was forced to live upstairs and constantly jumped on the puzzle to avoid the dogs (and now just because she is a cat) ... so we'll likely put that in the box again!

    I think that just going out and enjoying everything else around the marathon is fine - you want to avoid injury, so if you cannot be in 'race shape', then a 'fun run' is a much better choice. Plus since you can soak up loads of baby time with your brother, it is all good! :)

    Good to 'hear' your voice again - and loved seeing you with Megan on Instagram in the picture she shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not on Instagram -- maybe us at the race in the rain? Man, that was a day! Sounds like the cats kept you on your toes...

      Delete
  2. I see you were indeed thwarted on getting the miles in because of the lack of running commute. :( Ah, well, there will be time to chase big time goals. Maybe this is a race you just do for fun. (I love how runners can talk about running a marathon for fun.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loss of the commute is huge for me. But still preferred to the alternative -- officing next to that ***...

      Delete